Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Media Literacies Video

I watched this video. These are somewhat new terms when attributed to technology. I am not sure if these are valuable skills to have in the teaching field. Yes, students need to know about some of these skills to become creative artists, workers and citizens. I do possess some of these skills, but definitely need to learn more. I agree that we are not just the consumers anymore of these tools on the internet. We are the authors and publisher as well. You do need to use judgment to determine if information found is reliable. The term play is used here for knowing how to experiment with your surroundings as a form of problem solving. The video states that these are not just skills for the classroom or workplace, but are skills that involve creative expression and connect people together. Honestly, I think some of the skills could be used for the 21st century, but I fail to see the overall importance of most of them when referencing technology.
I am not really sure how to go about acquiring the others. I would have to learn more about them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment