Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Comments4Kids 1

Comments4Kids Logo
I thoroughly enjoyed reading the blog posts from these kids in Mr. Goerend's class. They all had such an imagination, and wonderful vocabulary. I posted a comment to Owen, who told a creative story about a baseball game. He then went into great detail about a hot dog he ate, describing the smell. Too funny! I was very impressed with a post from Sara Ready Set Read! She talked about International Read Like a Bookworm Day, and the importance of reading. According to Sara, on this day you read a book all day long no matter where you are. It is also a day to celebrate favorite authors. Sara chose a great topic to write about and I praised her in my comment to her.

Next I posted a comment on a student's post about International Act Like a Dork Day. They had to pull their pants up really high, wear glass and tape on a fake nose. I told this student it takes great courage to do this at school. They received an A+ and a free pizza party for participating. Another student wrote about "How Embarrassment Turned Into an International Holiday". After a boy was humiliated when running late, and his hat coming off to show his awful hair color, his friends created "International Sprint Like a Cheetah Day". I told this student these were great friends and a great post as well. Lastly, I read Chandler's post about International Dance Like a Dancer Day. He said there was no story behind it, he just thought it would be funny to watch everyone dancing!! They kids even danced in the bathroom. I told Chandler to be careful doing that and I enjoyed his hilarious post. These kids are really something special. It seems they love to blog and love to learn.

1 comment: