Saturday, August 22, 2009

Angie's Intro

Hello classmates,

I am a sophomore and my major is Secondary Education/History at South Alabama. I love history!! I also work at South's College of Allied Health, Dean's Office, in the new Health Sciences Building. I have 2 children; a son who is 24 years old, and a 17 year old daughter. I worked for years as a legal secretary before deciding to go to school to get my degree. I enjoy reading, watching movies, and surprisingly, going to school! You really do appreciate the concept of learning a bit later in life. I feel it is very empowering. I look forward to becoming an educator and giving all I have to my students.

I consider myself to be pretty computer literate. However, I now realize I have much to learn and look forward to exploring all of the latest computer teaching techniques in the class. I am confident they will enable me to capture the students' attention and keep them engaged in the class lesson I present. I have many friends who work in the public school system as teachers. They have told me that today's classroom is much different than it was even 5 years ago. Technology is moving at such a fast pace, and I want to be at the top of my game when I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment